Fri, Apr 21|
Chateau Meichtry Family Vineyard & Wine
Barracuda Tank: Apply to Pitch
Come enjoy an evening where business ideas will be shared and connections made through networking & presentation! Apply for your opportunity to pitch your business investment idea to actual investors - similar to the TV show! Scroll down to apply now!
Time & Location
Apr 21, 2023, 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Chateau Meichtry Family Vineyard & Wine, 1862 Orchard Ln, Talking Rock, GA 30175, USA
About The Event
Come enjoy an evening where business ideas will be shared and connections made through networking & presentation! Apply for your opportunity to pitch your business investment idea to actual investors - similar to the TV show! See below to apply now! Up to 7 individuals will be chosen to enter The Barracuda Tank:
If you would like to apply to present your business investment idea, please see the guidelines below, and click the link provided to complete the application. Only 7 individuals will be chosen. If you are not chosen to present we encourage you to still attend the event for an opportunity to network and support other presenters. You can register to attend on the Events page of our website under the event: Barracuda Tank: Register to Attend. Click 'Read More' for more details.
Applications accepted through Friday, April 14th.
Please wear the attire that will best persuade investors during your pitch. For example, business attire, or if you are presenting an idea for the baking industry, consider wearing a chef's jacket. Keep in mind, this a professional event.
Please bring business cards with you. No dogs at this event. No outside alcohol allowed on premises.
Guidelines for applying:
- You must be able to show a successful track record.
- Be able to make projections for this idea for the future.
- We are looking for serious business people. If you are only trying to get your name or company known, but have no intention of pursuing an investmest, please do not apply, but you are welcome to attend the event.
- If you are ready to apply, please know that the application is a 2-step process. Fill out the application provided by the link. If you are selected to move to the next round, you will be contacted to have a video interview with our coach. After that, a committee will select the top 7 presenters and you will be notified via email.
- Please keep in mind, the goal of this night is not only to persuade investors to do a deal with you, but also to make future connections. Investors are under no obligation to invest, so do your best to persuade someone to invest with you.
- Once you apply, you must be available to present your idea between 6:30-9pm on Friday, April 21st at Cheateau Meichtry Family Vineyard & Winery: 1862 Orchard Lane, Talking Rock, GA 30175.
The pitch itself:
- The pitch is only 7 minutes long, with 3 minutes following that for questions and then 5 minutes for investors to voice their interest. This will be a hard timeline so that everyone can have enough time.
- Do not discuss any proprietary information.
- You need to be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Who are you, what business are you with, and why are you presenting? Give details as to how long your company has been in business, and what the company does.
- What would people be investing in (a business or a project within the business)? Please be detailed.
- Why do you want an investor? Give your audience a good reason as to why you need investors now.
- How much of an investment are you looking for and what can you offer investors in return?
- Sales data, what marketing is being done, target market, projections for the future, current pricing structure, etc. Whether it is a full business or a project within a business, please be prepared to give the valuation of the idea for which you are seeking investors.
Fill out the application here: https://forms.gle/75NSB1MfkqrghFLj6
Want to hone your pitch and practice before the big day? Book a coaching session with our public speaking coach at a discounted rate just for this event. Email for more information and to set up a session: email@example.com
*Chateau Meichtry Family Vineyard & Winery and its staff are in no way responsible for any business deals and/or investments that are pursued and/or made during or following this event. Chateau Meichtry is only a venue for facilitation of introductions. By registering to attend this event and/or applying to present at this event, you are consenting to not hold Chateau Meichtry Family Vineyard & Winery or its staff liable for any damages and/or current or future deals.*